Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Review

Monday 27 May 2013

Oh what's this i'm writing a blog post i think it's about time becca!
So this month has just been abit how'd you say blahhhhh. 
I've been super unproductive and unmotivated which resulted in me eating too many cookies and drinking 500 gallons of strawberry nesquik (takes me back to being a little kid, oh how times fly).
Also if you couldn't tell blogging had been put on the backburner but i'm back with my mojo intact.

SO i'm determined to make june a somewhat better month and i should probably go on a diet too (lets see how that lasts ha).

Now i've got that out of the way, lets get started on what you actually came here for....

The Collection (2000) Lasting Perfection Concealer has done its rounds a plenty and more in the blogging world but why not add too that right?

This concealer promises all of the below points but it did it live to my many expectations?


Ultimate wear concealer conceals flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours.

Transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage.

Provides beautiful, shine-free, blemish-free skin for every waking hour.

In a way yes it was better than any other cover up stick in my collection but all being well they're some things about this product that dont work for me.
I purchased the concealer in Fair 1 which is a near perfect colour match for my ghost white skintone,


The constancy of this product is thick and creamy nothing like i've ever tried before and the doe foot applicator is a great feature as you can keep it somewhat free from germs by applying to the back of your hand rather than straight onto the face.

The rest of the packaging not so great as the writing on the outside of the tube rubs off instantly and can make it look a tiny be tacky but i can live with that.

I can definatly not get away with keeping this on my face for a whole 16 hours (never gonna happen), 
that is because i have the infamous oily/combination skin, a little bit goes along way for me when it comes to covering my red angry blemishes. 
As opposed to if i were to overload blemished areas of my face with this product (especially on my oily t-zone) the concealer just seems to just sit on top of my skin making it look super cakey as it just doesn't want to blend, eventually if is does blend making my skin look flawless and imperfection free as soon as my face becomes oily again it just looks horrendous it seems to oxide and turn an orange'y colour making my face turn into patchy mess. 
Don't get me started on using it as a cover up under my eyes big no no.


But don't let my ramble put you off as it is great to cover up imperfections as its not drying and it doesn't leave your face looking horrible + flaky.

Other than all that i'm not totally impressed but on a whole its something i can get wear out of in the winter months when my face turns a little drier. It also comes in handy when used in moderation but less is definitely more when it comes to using, especially in the summer too! (Damn you oily skin!)


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 for 10ml at Superdrug

twitter  bloglovin' / hellocotton / facebook / she said beauty

beccalouise oxo 

2 comments :

  1. I got my hands on one of these concealers a couple of weeks ago and am still in the testing phase. It's nice to hear an opinion that's not giving into the hype surrounding this concealer! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Comment Below I Love To Read Your Thoughts Too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...